How to Get Rid of Ants
Are you noticing a trail of ants in your Phoenix home?
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), some ants may carry food-borne illnesses and other human diseases. If the mere presence of annoying ant problems in your home isn’t enough, your family’s health is another reason why ant removal and control is critical.
If you see ants on your kitchen counter-tops, marching through your living room, or lurking in your bathroom, you need a plan to remove the ants and ensure they stay away.
Bucksworth Home Services has been providing top-quality pest control services for over 15 years. Our professionals can remove ants, scorpions, termites, bed bugs, roaches, rodents, snakes, and other unwanted creatures. When you need a pest removed from your Arizona home, you can count on us!
Our experts are here to keep you safe and comfortable, which is why we also offer additional home solutions like weed control and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) services. We are here for you—just call us!
Tips to Get Rid of Ants
It’s never pleasant to find a trail of ants in your home. To get rid of these little pests, you can try the following:
- Target the source: Ants gravitate toward sources of food and water. If you eliminate the source, the ants will eventually be on their way. Clean your table after eating and remove any crumbs. Wash your dishes and utensils, or place them in the dishwasher—but don’t leave them sitting in your sink, especially if they are not rinsed and have leftover food on them.
If you have pets, don’t forget to clean their water bowl regularly. Check for other common water sources, like condensation in your bathtub or showers and leaky pipes. Clean your bathroom and fix your pipes so water doesn’t continue to appear and entice the ants.
- Clean your countertops, kitchen table, and bathrooms: Keep your home clean. Even though ants can still infest well-kept homes, cleaning your home can deter them, especially if you use soap which is known to repel ants.
Cleaning with vinegar is a good idea too. Vinegar is a natural cleaning agent, but it also repels and kills ants too.
- Get rid of the ants with basic household items: Mix dish soap and water, and then use the mixture as a spray to kill the ants.
Ants are irritated by the smell of pepper so you can sprinkle ground black or red pepper near any ant trails to keep them away. Mixing pepper with water and spraying it on the ants is another effective way to kill the ants.
Try mixing Epsom salt with water and spraying this on the ants. This will dehydrate and kill the ants.
You may also spray ants with essential oils, such as peppermint or citrus oils, to confuse and kill the ants.
- Place ant baits and ant traps throughout your home: Ant baits contain poison and can be placed in certain areas of your home—but should be out of reach for children and pets. The ants will come to the bait and take the poison back with them to their colony, which will kill all the ants when they consume it. You can call Bucksworth Home Services and our experts will work out the best method for ant removal, which may involve placing ant baits in your home, to get rid of the ants.
Ant traps work similarly by luring the ants, but instead, they capture the ants so they cannot return to their colony or anywhere else in your home. The traps contain poison, which will quickly kill the ants.
- Buy an ant spray to use: You could always purchase an over-the-counter ant spray. Ant sprays kill ants on the spot, and there are also sprays you can use that will kill the ants when they appear in the area you sprayed.
You could spray the perimeter of your home, the entrances of your home, and certain problem areas inside your home where the ants are found the most.
- Keep them out by caulking and weatherstripping: Be sure to prevent the ants from getting inside your home in the first place. Look to see where the ants are coming from. Weatherstrip holes, tears, or crevices between your windows or doors to keep out the ants.
Check to see if there are areas in the walls where the ants are entering, and close them up by using caulk or foam insulation for larger cracks and holes.
- Leave it to our ant removal professionals: You could attempt a do-it-yourself (DIY) fix for the ant problem—or you could save yourself the stress by calling our Bucksworth Home Services professionals. Our experts have been doing this for well over a decade and know the best ways to tackle ant infestations. Just give our experts a call!
Professional Ant Control and Removal Services in Phoenix
The best and most effective way to remove ants from your home is by turning to Bucksworth Home Services. We are the most trusted pest control experts in Arizona and will resolve your ant issue. Instead of trying one method after another to address your ant issue, call our professionals so we can take care of the situation.
Our professionals will inspect your home, determine where the ants are coming from, and control the infestation. We can develop a custom-tailored approach to ensure the ants stay out of your Phoenix home. Our pest control experts will recommend the best methods to ensure your home stays ant-free and comfortable!
Call for Ant Removal and Control Services Today
Stop putting up with an ant problem in your Phoenix, AZ, home any longer! Leave the pest control services to our Bucksworth Home Services professionals. Call us at 480-422-8388 or request service online.